Stuffed Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 8 large russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Prick potatoes all over with a fork or sharp knife. Wrap in foil, and bake for about 1 hour, or until tender.
- Remove potatoes from foil, and cut a lengthwise slit in the top of each. Carefully scoop out flesh from potatoes into a large bowl.
- Place potato shells on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Stir butter, sour cream, chives, green onion whites, and half the cheese into potato flesh, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon filling evenly into potato shells. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish tops with green onion greens, and serve hot.