This casserole takes less than an hour to prepare and bake, and it tastes simply wonderful.
- 1 pound hot bulk pork sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 cans (12 oz. each) evaporated milk
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 package (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 green onions (green parts only), sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 9 to 10 slices Italian or French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (enough to make 8 cups)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Combine sausage, evaporated milk, eggs, cheese, red pepper, green onions, onion powder and garlic powder in a large bowl; mix well. Add bread cubes, stirring gently to moisten bread.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until set. Serve warm.
This recipe originally ran in the October 2007 edition of Heart of the Home.
More recipes from this issue:
- Weeknight Wafflewich Recipe
- French Toast with Creamy Maple Syrup Recipe
- Southwestern Scramble Recipe