Tex Mex Casserole Recipe
1 / 2
Top this casserole with crushed tortilla chips for a satisfying crunch in every bite.
Photo by Fotolia/MSPhotographic
2 / 2
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground meat until it starts browning slightly. Add onion and taco seasoning mix. Cover and continue cooking for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are translucent, stirring occasionally. Stir in salsa and sour cream.
- Spoon half of the meat mixture into a 1-1/2-quart casserole dish. Top with tortilla chips, then remaining meat mixture.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes, or until hot. Uncover, and sprinkle cheese over the top. Return to the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese. We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.