Cold Pasta Salad with Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella
• 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
• 3 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1⁄4 cup good-quality olive oil
• 1 tablespoons coarse sea salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
• Dash of red pepper flakes, optional
• 8 ounces uncooked pasta
• 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite size pieces
• Fresh basil leaves, for garnish, optional
1. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, oil, sea salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, if using, and mix well. Refrigerate until needed.
2. Cook and drain pasta according to package directions. Set aside to cool to room temperature, and then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
3. Just before serving, add pasta and mozzarella to tomato mixture, and mix gently but thoroughly. Taste, and adjust seasonings as needed. Garnish with basil leaves.
More Recipes for Pasta Salads:• Tuna Pasta Salad with Eggplant and Mint Recipe
• Simple Pasta Salad with Bell Peppers and Tomatoes Recipe
• Easy Pasta Salad with Vegetables Recipe
• Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe