Tuna Pasta Salad with Eggplant and Mint
• 1 medium eggplant, sliced
• Salt, to taste
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 3 cups uncooked penne pasta (about 11 ounces)
• 2 cans (5 ounces each) tuna, drained
• Mint leaves, for garnish
• Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 lemon, halved, optional
1. Place eggplant in a colander, and sprinkle with a little salt. Set aside to drain for a few minutes.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant, and fry until soft. Set aside.
3. Boil and drain pasta according to package directions.
4. In a large bowl, combine pasta, eggplant and tuna, and mix well.
5. Turn into a serving dish, and garnish with mint leaves and a sprinkling of Parmesan. Squeeze lemon juice over all, if desired. Serve warm.
More Recipes for Pasta Salads:• Simple Pasta Salad with Bell Peppers and Tomatoes Recipe
• Easy Pasta Salad with Vegetables Recipe
• Cold Pasta Salad with Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Recipe
• Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe