Soft Sugar Cookies Recipe
After eating corned beef, bread and stew all day, who wouldn’t be ready for a sweet treat? A simple sugar cookie in the shape of shamrocks, leprechauns and whatever other cookie cutter shapes you can find for St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect way to punctuate a gloriously green day.
Soft Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 scant teaspoon salt
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, cream sugar and shortening together; add eggs.
- In separate bowl, sift together baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, salt and flour; add half to creamed mixture. Blend in milk, vanilla and remaining dry ingredients.
- Roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut into your favorite St. Patrick’s Day shapes. Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 10 to 12 minutes, or until delicately browned. Cool completely, then frost with icing and decorate with sprinkles.
The History of Honey
Honey has been used by multiple different cultures for thousands of years, learn what types of uses humans have discovered.
Dietary Recommendations for Good Bone Health
Follow these guidelines for healthy bones.
Proper Scotch Eggs Recipe
Try something new for breakfast by taking boiled eggs to the next level by wrapping them in sausage and frying them.