4 servings SERVINGS
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, turkey, pork or chicken, or a combination)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Italian seasonings or fresh herbs, minced, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large zucchini, ends trimmed and run through a spiralizer
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground meat, egg, breadcrumbs, sea salt and seasonings. Mix together with your hands or a rubber spatula until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop out two tablespoons meat mixture and form into a meatball; place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining meat mixture.
- Bake meatballs for 8 minutes; turn over and bake for an additional 8 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add carrots and cook until just tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the zucchini and toss all together; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cheese and toss again.
- Divide mixture evenly among 4 serving bowls, and top evenly with meatballs. Drizzle with a little high-quality olive oil and coarse sea salt, and serve immediately.Want more great zucchini recipes? Check out Easy Zucchini Recipes to Use Up That Surplus.