4 half-pints SERVINGS
- 1 pound fully ripe blueberries, washed and crushed
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 3 ounces (half of a 6-ounce bottle) liquid fruit pectin
- Measure 2-1/2 cups crushed blueberries into a large kettle. Add sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in pectin. Skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Ladle hot jam into sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Put on lids and rings. Process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.Want more home-canning recipes? Read Preserving and Canning Recipes for Garden Produce to get the most out of your harvest this year.