Tuna Pasta Salad with Eggplant and Mint Recipe
1 / 2
Tuna Pasta Salad with Eggplant and Mint served warm, garnished with mint leaves and a sprinkling of Parmesan, makes a delicious light summer lunch or supper.
Photo by Fotolia/Silroby
2 / 2
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta (about 11 ounces)
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) tuna, drained
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, halved, optional
- Place eggplant in a colander, and sprinkle with a little salt. Set aside to drain for a few minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant, and fry until soft. Set aside.
- Boil and drain pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, eggplant and tuna, and mix well.
- Turn into a serving dish, and garnish with mint leaves and a sprinkling of Parmesan. Squeeze lemon juice over all, if desired. Serve warm.
More Recipes for Pasta Salads:
- • Simple Pasta Salad with Bell Peppers and Tomatoes Recipe• Easy Pasta Salad with Vegetables Recipe• Cold Pasta Salad with Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella Recipe• Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe