12 to 15 servings SERVINGS
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 2 9-inch round cake pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips, and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top, and return to oven to melt slightly.
- Cool well. Serve one cake, and freeze the other one.
Learn how to can and bake with homemade applesauce.