Curried Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 leeks, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 8-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 large Idaho baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- A few grindings of fresh black pepper
- Snipped fresh chives (garnish)
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat and sauté leeks and onion until glossy.
- Add curry powder and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken broth, potatoes, butternut squash, salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, cover, decrease heat and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are fork-tender.
- In a food processor or blender, purée soup in batches. Transfer puréed batches into a large bowl.
- After final batch is puréed, transfer soup back into the original large pot and simmer until heated through. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with snipped fresh chives. Serve immediately.
More from This Book Cooks:
- Skillet Cornbread with Honey Recipe
Reprinted with permission from This Book Cooks by Kerry Dunnington and published by Artichoke Publishers, 2015.