Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire or steak sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons ketchup (use 1 tablespoon if using steak sauce)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-1/2-inch cubes
- 8-10 slices bacon (I make a lattice with 8 slices of bacon to top the meatloaf—4 across, 4 down. You can use less bacon if you don’t want to get fancy, but the loaf should be topped with bacon.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the bacon. Form into a loaf shape.
- Top with either a fancy bacon lattice or lay strips across the top. Make sure to tuck the bacon under the bottom of the meatloaf.
- Place in an oblong pan (I used 7x11 inches with a rack) and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until internal temperature is 160 degrees F.
More from The Cupboard to Table Cookbook:
- • Raspberry Butter Crumb Cake Recipe• Italian Herb Chicken with Roasted Vegetables Recipe• Cinnamon Rolls with Orange “Kist” Icing Recipe
Reprinted with permission from The Cupboard to Table Cookbook: Satisfying Meals Made from What You Have on Hand by Judy Hannemann, published by The Countryman Press, an imprint of W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. 2016. Buy this book from our store: The Cupboard to Table Cookbook.