Bacon Cheeseburger Recipe
1 / 2
Juicy cheeseburger topped with melted pepper jack cheese and strips of bacon, on a toasted bun.
Photo by Fotolia/Joshua Resnick
2 / 2
6 to 8 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns
- 6 to 8 slices bacon, cooked
- Cheese slices
- Toppings and condiments
- Heat grill to hot.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Mix well, and form into thick patties.
- Place patties on hot grill, and cook, turning frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until burgers reach desired doneness.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns, topped with a slice of bacon and cheese, along with toppings and condiments of your choice.NOTE: If desired, ground turkey or ground chicken can be used in place of ground beef, but you’ll need to adjust the cooking time.