- 2 cups barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 boneless beef brisket roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 6 buns
- In a slow cooker, combine 1 cup barbecue sauce with onion and bouillon. Place the brisket on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or until the meat shreds easily. Remove brisket from the slow cooker, and set aside.
- Reserve 1 cup of the cooking juices from the slow cooker; discard or save the rest for a future use.
- Using forks or meat claws, shred the meat, discarding any excess fat.
- Place the shredded meat in the slow cooker. Add the reserved juices and the remaining barbecue sauce, and mix well. If the mixture is dry, add more sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for about 20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve the shredded meat on buns.
Photo by LauriPatterson
Yields 6 servings.