4 servings SERVINGS
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 thick-cut pork chops*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, chicken broth, garlic, paprika, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, oregano and basil, and whisk to combine. Pour mixture in slow cooker.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Add to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours, basting occasionally with broth mixture.
- After 4 to 6 hours, remove pork chops from the slow cooker, and discard broth mixture. Place pork chops back in slow cooker, and add barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on low for another 1 to 2 hours. Let pork chops rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.NOTE: If using boneless pork chops, cook time will be closer to 4 hours, while bone-in chops will require about 6 hours. Time may also vary depending on thickness. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness, which is 145 F for pork.Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.