Chicken and Mushrooms over Rice
1 / 2
This easy dish can be served over rice or any other grain that you desire.
Photo by Shay Shull
2 / 2
"Mix and Match Mama Simmers" by Shay Shull shares easy recipes that can made in your slow-cooker.
Cover courtesy Harvest House Publishers
3 to 8 hours
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped (Portobello is a good option)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- About 3 to 4 cups prepared rice for serving
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- In your slow cooker, layer the chicken, mushroom soup, mushrooms, ranch dressing mix, and stock.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove the lid and shred the chicken right inside the slow cooker with two forks.
- To serve, add cooked rice to each plate and then ladle the chicken and mushroom mixture on top. Garnish with green onions.
More From Mix and Match Mama Simmers:
Taken from: Mix & Match Mama Simmers: Slow-Cooker Creations Your Family Will Love. Copyright © 2017 by Shay Shull. Published by Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon. Used by Permission.