Creamy Broccoli with Turkey Bacon Recipe
1 / 2
The cream cheese adds a rich creaminess to the broccoli and the turkey bacon enhances the flavor of the dish.
Photo by GettyImages/ElenaFabbrili
2 / 2
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 strips turkey bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels, roasted and salted
- Place broccoli, water and salt in a saucepan; cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 8 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Place cream cheese and milk in another saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Stir in mustard and bacon; cook for 1 minute.
- Add broccoli; mix lightly.
- Spoon into a serving dish; sprinkle with sunflower kernels.
- Serve ImmeditelyMore from Heart of the Home:Glazed Turkey Recipe
- Poblano Chile and Two Corn Pudding Recipe