English Elderflower Cordial Recipe
English Elderflower Cordial. Photo by Getty Images/knape.
Elderflower cordial is the key ingredient for a cool and refreshing summer drink.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 12 to 15 large elderflower clusters
- 3 tablespoons food-grade citric acid
- Place water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add sugar and lemon. Reduce heat to medium, and stir mixture until sugar is dissolved.
- Add elderflower clusters and citric acid. Remove saucepan from heat, and let stand until mixture is cool, then strain.
- Pour cordial into a clean 1-quart bottle with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- Add chilled cordial, to taste, to a glass of ice water.
Learn more about elderberries and find more recipes with Growing, Harvesting, and Using Elderberries.
Individual Chocolate Espresso Soufflés Recipe
Make these fun little soufflé’s next time you have a dinner party.
Fat Farmers No More
Just because you live on a homestead and work hard doesn’t mean you can overlook your calorie intake. Believe me, it can get out of control very quickly! Noticing subtle changes in how you feel and how you look in the mirror can keep you on track!
Kitchen Resolutions for the New Year
A list of resolutions to apply to your approach to food and how you cook and eat.