6 servings SERVINGS
- 12 slices bread, torn into chunks
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Maple syrup
- Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle in the bread chunks.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, evaporated milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, and mix well. Pour over bread in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours, without lifting the lid. Remove lid and continue cooking for an additional 30 to 45 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.