Mexican Lasagna Recipe
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) fajita seasoning mix, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed dried oregano leaves
- 12 (5- to 6-inch diameter) corn tortillas
- Chopped tomatoes, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- In medium bowl, stir together cheddar cheese soup, milk and half the fajita seasoning, mixing until mixture is smooth.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, crumbling with fork, until browned. Pour off any fat.
- Stir mushroom soup, water, chili powder, oregano and remaining fajita seasoning into ground beef, mixing well.
- Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Place 3 tortillas in bottom of a shallow, 2-quart baking dish, overlapping slightly and covering bottom as much as possible.
- Spread 1 cup beef mixture over tortillas in dish. Add another layer of 3 tortillas and another cup of beef mixture. Repeat layers with 3 more tortillas and another cup of beef.
- Top with remaining tortillas. Spread cheese soup mixture over tortillas. Yields 6.
With a few key ingredients, you and your family can experience a taste of Latin America right in your own kitchen or dining room. Using condensed soups makes a creamy Mexican lasagna casserole packed full of flavor. Try this updated twist on an American favorite, and see for yourself that easy Mexican lasagna is as simple as it is delicious.