Slow Cooker Savory Pot Roast Recipe
6 to 8 servings
- 3 pounds bottom round beef roast
- 1 pouch reduced-sodium onion soup and dip mix
- 1 jar (12 oz.) home-style beef gravy
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or 2 teaspoons beef granules
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups mixed vegetables, such as sliced carrots, cut green beans, diced red potatoes, peas and sliced celery
- In a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray, brown roast over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Combine soup mix, gravy, bouillon and diced tomatoes in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add water and stir well. Add roast and turn gently until well coated.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours, turning roast occasionally.
- Add mixed vegetables during the last 2 hours of cooking time, stirring occasionally.
- When vegetables are tender, remove roast and slice or shred as desired. Serve with vegetables and sauce. This recipe originally aired in the February 2008 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- Beef Stroganoff Recipe Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe
- Cheesy Bacon & Ranch Baked Spaghetti Recipe