Photo by Getty Images/ALLEKO
Yields about 10 servings.
- 1 small head cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small red apple, cored and chopped
- 1 small green apple, cored and chopped
- 1/2 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, toss together cabbage, apples, red pepper, carrot, and green onions. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together vinegar, sugar, oils, mustard, and red pepper flakes. Simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour hot dressing over cabbage mixture, and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
For more delicious apple recipes, see Apple Recipes From the Autumn Harvest.
Traci Smith is a Capper’s Farmer editor. She enjoys doing crafts and DIY projects, hanging out with her Labrador retrievers, and trying new recipes.