BLT Salad with Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
Creamy blue cheese dressing and hard-boiled eggs add even more flavor to this delicious bacon, lettuce, and tomato salad.
Yields 2 to 4
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled and halved
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- In a small bowl, mix together blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro, chives, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- On a large serving platter, arrange lettuce in an even layer. Top with layers of eggs and tomatoes. Sprinkle bacon over the top.
- Garnish salad with additional crumbled blue cheese, and serve with dressing to the side.
NOTE: If the dressing is too thick at serving time, thin it down by stirring in a little bit of buttermilk or cream.
For more recipes, see Southern-Style Cooking.
Quad Webb is a reality show celebrity and a talk show host on “Sister Circle.” This article is excerpted with permission from her book Cooking with Miss Quad: Live, Laugh, Love, and Eat (The Country-man Press).