Mix-and-Match Mama Simmers by Shay Shull (Harvest House Publishers, 2017), saves your time and sanity with recipes that you can throw in the slow cooker. As a busy mom, blogger and author Shay Shull shows how she uses this kitchen tool to get dinner on the table while tending to other tasks.This recipe for Chicken and Mushrooms over Rice is quick to make and easy to clean up after.
Tonight’s dinner is a classic slow-cooker meal. Layer your ingredients in the slow cooker, pop on the lid, let it cook all day, make some rice, dish out on plates, serve, and enjoy. This is a staple recipe you’ll use over and over again. Bonus — you can use pasta, quinoa, or any other grain you like instead of the rice.
• 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
• 2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped (Portobello is a good option)
• 1 (1 ounce) packet dry ranch dressing mix
• 1 cup chicken stock or water
• About 3 to 4 cups prepared rice for serving
• Chopped green onions for garnish
1. In your slow cooker, layer the chicken, mushroom soup, mushrooms, ranch dressing mix, and stock.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
3. When you’re ready to serve, remove the lid and shred the chicken right inside the slow cooker with two forks.
4. To serve, add cooked rice to each plate and then ladle the chicken and mushroom mixture on top. Garnish with green onions.
More From Mix and Match Mama Simmers:
Taken from: Mix & Match Mama Simmers: Slow-Cooker Creations Your Family Will Love. Copyright © 2017 by Shay Shull. Published by Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon. Used by Permission.