In The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook: Over 100 Recipes for Any Program Level, Diane Sanfilippo provides more than 100 recipes readers can enjoy "guilt-free." These simple and delicious recipes and meal plans will help readers easily cut bad eating habits and get rid of sugar and carb cravings for good. The following excerpt is from Chapter 3, "Easy Recipes."
For the Rub:
- 2 tablespoons finely ground coffee beans
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
For the Ribs:
- 2 racks St. Louis style pork ribs (about 5 to 6 pounds total)
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- To make the rub, combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Coat both sides of each rack of ribs with the rub, wrap tightly with foil, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the ribs from the refrigerator and, keeping them foil-wrapped, place them in the oven on a rimmed baking sheet, foil seam up.
- Cook for 2 to 3 hours or until the rib meat easily separates from the bone.
- Remove from the oven and unwrap from the foil.
- Place the oven rack in the top position and preheat the broiler to high, or preheat a grill or grill pan to high. If using BBQ Sauce, coat each rack with the sauce.
- Place the rack of ribs in the oven on a rimmed baking sheet or directly on the grill and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the outsides of the ribs are crispy.
- Serve plain or with BBQ Sauce.
Chef Note: These ribs are even better the next day so make them ahead of time if you can.
More from The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook:
- Chorizo Burgers with Spicy Red Onions Recipe
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Cookout Coleslaw Recipe
- Smoky Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe
- Turkey Jerky Recipe