In The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook: Over 100 Recipes for Any Program Level, Diane Sanfilippo provides more than 100 recipes readers can enjoy "guilt-free." These simple and delicious recipes and meal plans will help readers easily cut bad eating habits and get rid of sugar and carb cravings for good. The following excerpt is from Chapter 3, "Easy Recipes."
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons Italian Sausage Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- Roasted Garlic Parsnip Mash for serving
- Place the pork and Spice Blend in a medium bowl; mix together until thoroughly combined.
- In a Dutch oven or high-sided saucepan over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil.
- Add the pork mixture to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes or until just a little pink is left.
- Remove the pork from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Place the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in the pan and add the bell peppers, onion, and fennel. Cook until the bell peppers start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the parsley, granulated garlic, onion powder, basil, thyme, oregano, and salt over the peppers and stir for 30 seconds.
- Place the pork back in the pan and add the tomatoes; stir to mix well and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve over Roasted Garlic Parsnip Mash.
More from The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook:
- Chorizo Burgers with Spicy Red Onions Recipe
- Cookout Coleslaw Recipe
- Coffee and Cocoa Rubbed Ribs Recipe
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe
- Smoky Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- Turkey Jerky Recipe