Photo by Getty Images/Rimma_Bondarenko
Yields 1 serving.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 large apple, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- Place oats, chia seeds, maple syrup, yogurt, and almond milk in a pint jar, and stir to combine.
- Arrange apple chunks on top of oat mixture. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Put lid on jar, and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Top with chopped walnuts, if desired, before serving. NOTE: This is also good warmed in the microwave on high until heated through. Add walnuts after heating.
For more delicious apple recipes, see Apple Recipes From the Autumn Harvest.
Traci Smith is a Capper’s Farmer editor. She enjoys doing crafts and DIY projects, hanging out with her Labrador retrievers, and trying new recipes.