Pan-Roasted Asparagus Recipe
Treat loved ones to the fresh flavor of asparagus, cooked simply but beautifully in butter and olive oil, and seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Coarse salt and black pepper, to taste
- 9 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 3 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed, divided
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons oil, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add 1/3 of the garlic. Cook for 1 minute, without browning the butter.
- Add 1 pound of the asparagus spears, and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Transfer asparagus to a baking dish, and cover tightly with foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, working in two batches, repeat cooking process with remaining ingredients.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed, and serve.
For more recipes, see Easter Dinner.
Traci Smith is a Capper’s Farmer editor. She enjoys cooking and baking, crafting, and just hanging out with her Labrador Retrievers, Boone and Ellie.