Peach Mint Salsa Recipe
This salsa combines fruity, spicy, and minty flavors for a taste all its own. Learn how to make it these quick and easy recipe.
Yields 2 cups
- 2 cups peeled, chopped peaches (about 4 medium peaches)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1/4 teaspoon pickling salt
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Combine peaches, onion, peppers, honey, pickling salt, and lime zest and juice in a medium-sized stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in mint, and cook for 1 additional minute. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Carefully ladle salsa into hot, sterilized pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Process for 20 minutes.
For more recipes, see Small-Batch Condiments.
Ellie Topp is a Professional Home Economist and a Certified Culinary Professional with a master’s degree in food science, and Margaret Howard is a Registered Dietitian, a Professional Home Economist, and a food and nutrition consultant. Both have authored and co-authored many cookbooks. This article is excerpted with per-mission from their book The Complete Book of Small-Batch Preserving: Over 300 Delicious Recipes to Use Year-Round (Firefly Books Ltd.).