Sautéed Green Beans With Bacon
• 4 strips bacon
• 4 cups green beans, trimmed
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1/2 cup slivered almonds
1. In a cast-iron skillet over medium heat, fry bacon. When crisp, remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Allow bacon to cool, then crumble and set aside.
2. Add green beans to the skillet of hot bacon grease, and sauté until crisp-tender. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Stir in the crumbled bacon and almonds, and heat for 1 to 2 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
Looking for more out-of-the-ordinary Christmas recipes? Try some of our other Non-Traditional Holiday Recipes.