Skillet Dinner Rolls Recipe
Nothing pulls a meal together like homemade yeast dinner rolls, especially when they’re lightly sweetened with honey and baked to perfection.
Yields 12 servings.
- 3 packets (.25 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-3/4 cup of warm water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup melted butter, plus more for brushing tops
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for sprikling tops
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4-6 cups all-purpose flour, plus more if needed
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons oil, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add 1/3 of the garlic. Cook for 1 minute, without browning the butter.
- Add 1 pound of the asparagus spears, and cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Transfer asparagus to a baking dish, and cover tightly with foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, working in two batches, repeat cooking process with remaining ingredients.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed, and serve.
For more recipes, see Easter Dinner.
Traci Smith is a Capper’s Farmer editor. She enjoys cooking and baking, crafting, and just hanging out with her Labrador Retrievers, Boone and Ellie.