Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Pecan Crunch Topping Recipe
Thanksgiving is full of favorite dishes, and it’s the twists on those favorites that can make them stand out and become new favorites.
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut up, divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger and salt. Mix well. Add sweet potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Spoon mixture into 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle cranberries over the top and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together flour, remaining brown sugar, remaining cinnamon and remaining ginger in medium bowl. Cut in remaining butter with a fork until coarse crumbs form. Stir in pecans.
- After 30 minutes, remove potatoes from and stir gently. Sprinkle topping evenly over the top.
- Return to oven, uncovered, and bake for 25 to 30 additional minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and topping is lightly browned.