Yields 6 servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup grapes, whole or halved
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sugar, and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, gently toss together celery, grapes, apples, walnuts, and raisins until thoroughly combined.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over salad ingredients, and stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in a tightly covered bowl in refrigerator.
Photo by Getty Images/bhofack2
For more delicious apple recipes, see Apple Recipes From the Autumn Harvest.
Traci Smith is a Capper’s Farmer editor. She enjoys doing crafts and DIY projects, hanging out with her Labrador retrievers, and trying new recipes.
The Apple Cookbook: 125 Fresh Picked Recipes
From sweet to savory and from breakfast to bedtime, apples take center stage in this fun volume. With recipes ranging from traditional apple pies and crisps to unexpected surprises like Ground Lamb Kebabs with Apple Mint Raita, this new edition of the best-selling classic has been completely revised and redesigned to feature more than 30 new apple-themed goodies. With plenty of vegan and gluten-free options, you’ll be cooking apple-based dishes that you can enjoy with all of your friends.
Olwen Woodier is the author of six cookbooks, including The Pesto Cookbook and The Apple Cookbook . She has written about food for 35 years, including articles for the New York Times, Gourmet, Woman’s Day, and Family Circle. She offers cooking classes at her home, Glenfiddich Farm, in Leesburg, Virginia.