Cutting Board Tablet Holder
It’s a pretty safe bet to assume that all of us have at least one person on our gift-giving list who enjoys cooking and/or baking. If that person uses a tablet for following recipes, then this simple tablet holder is the perfect gift. It’s both functional and beautiful, and it can be made easily with just a few simple materials and some time.
Tools & Materials:
- Wood glue
- Scrabble tile holder
- Cutting board, 8-1/2 inches wide by 16 inches long
- Wooden doorstop, 9 inches long
- Acrylic latex paint, in your choice of color
- Using wood glue, adhere the Scrabble tile holder to the bottom center of the cutting board. Let it dry for 2 hours.
- Affix the doorstop to the bottom center of the cutting board’s opposite side (see inset photo below) using wood glue. Set it aside to dry for 2 hours.
- Paint the entire cutting board, front and back, including the tile holder and doorstop, using acrylic latex paint. Set aside to dry overnight.
- Buff the edges lightly with sandpaper to achieve a weathered look.
More Projects, Recipes, and Wrapping Ideas:
Reprinted with permission from Country Living Christmas Joys: Decorating, Crafts & Recipes, © 2015 by Hearst Communications, Inc., an imprint of Sterling Publishing.
How to Sew a Slot Seam
Once learned, this surprisingly simple sewing technique will allow you to add a pop of color to handmade garments and bags.
Embroidered Peacock Feathers
Learn how one crafter embroidered delicate peacock feathers onto linen to create an elegant shade for a tricky window.
Do-It-Yourself Pour Paintings
Learn how to create your own abstract paintings with these quick and easy steps on a do it yourself pour painting tutorial.