- 3/4 pound thin spaghetti
- 3 cups roughly chopped roasted chicken
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces chive and onion cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 (0.4 ounce) packet dried buttermilk ranch dressing mix
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Cook the spaghetti in salted water per the package instructions until al dente. Drain well. Place in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the chicken and all 2 tablespoons of the bacon crumbles to the bowl, reserving the remaining bacon crumbles for garnish.
4. In a stand blender, combine the chicken stock, celery soup, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch dressing, 1 tablespoon of the chives, and the garlic powder and pepper. Blend until smooth and fully combined.
5. Pour the blended mixture over the spaghetti. Add 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Mix well.
6. Pour half of the spaghetti mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. Repeat with the remaining spaghetti, topping with the remaining cup of cheddar cheese. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and bubbly. Let rest on the counter for 5 minutes. Garnish with the reserved bacon crumbles and remaining chives just before serving.
More from Melissa's Southern Cookbook:• BLT Macaroni Salad Recipe
• Cast-Iron Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe
• Easy Homemade Cinnamon Roll Recipe
Reprinted with permission from Melissa’s Southern Cookbook: Tried-and-True Family Recipes by Melissa Sperka, published by The Countryman Press, a division of W. W. Norton & Company, Inc., 2016.