Chicken Tacos With Cucumber Salsa Recipe
Chicken Tacos With Cucumber Salsa
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 packet (1.25 ounces) reduced sodium chili seasoning mix
- 2 chicken thighs (about 1/2 pound), cooked, cooled and shredded
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 can (15 ounces) chopped tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons thick and smooth taco sauce (mild, medium or hot), divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 yellow corn or whole grain taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add and sauté half the onion, red pepper flakes and chili seasoning mix until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to warm.
- In medium bowl, mix together cucumber, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons taco sauce, remaining onion and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Evenly spoon chicken mixture into taco shells. Top with cucumber salsa and cabbage.
- Mix remaining tablespoon of taco sauce into sour cream. Place a dollop on each taco just before serving.
Mother’s Day Springtime Brunch
Serve your mom a delicious springtime brunch for Mother’s Day.
Blue Ribbon Skillet Recipe
A spicy brunch dish sure to please your Mother’s Day guests.
Queso, Burritos, Tacos and Empanada Recipes
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo by bringing great Mexican flavors to your table with these delicious recipes.