Chicken Tacos With Cucumber Salsa Recipe
Chicken Tacos With Cucumber Salsa
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 packet (1.25 ounces) reduced sodium chili seasoning mix
- 2 chicken thighs (about 1/2 pound), cooked, cooled and shredded
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 can (15 ounces) chopped tomatoes, drained
- 3 tablespoons thick and smooth taco sauce (mild, medium or hot), divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 8 yellow corn or whole grain taco shells
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add and sauté half the onion, red pepper flakes and chili seasoning mix until onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to warm.
- In medium bowl, mix together cucumber, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons taco sauce, remaining onion and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Evenly spoon chicken mixture into taco shells. Top with cucumber salsa and cabbage.
- Mix remaining tablespoon of taco sauce into sour cream. Place a dollop on each taco just before serving.
Non-Traditional Holiday Recipes
Mix it up with your holiday recipes this year and try these out-of-the-ordinary dishes.
DIY Christmas Sprouting Pots
Turn planting pots into Christmas centerpieces for easy DIY Christmas decorations.
Cornbread Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
A delicious cornbread crust puts a twist on this turkey pot pie meat pie.