Grilled Corn & Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe
Photo Getty Images/Lauri Patterson
Yields about 8 servings.
- 12 ears of corn, husked
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin and separated into rings, optional
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the grill for high heat.
- Rub the ears of corn with 1 tablespoon oil. Place the corn on the grill, and cook, turning often, until it’s charred and hot, about 10 minutes. Cool, then cut the kernels off and place them in a large bowl. Discard the cobs.
- While the corn is cooling, place the beans in a strainer. Rinse with cold water, and allow them to drain thoroughly.
- Combine the beans, onion, tomatoes, basil, lime juice, thyme, and corn, and toss gently to mix. Season with salt and pepper. Taste, and add additional salt, pepper, and lime juice as needed.
- Cover and let salad stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.
Discover more delicious, seasonal recipes in Fresh Recipes for Garden Tomatoes:
When she’s not at the Capper’s Farmer offices, editor Traci Smith spends her time cooking, working in the yard and garden, crafting, and relaxing with her dogs, family, and friends.