Potato Side Dish Recipe
1 / 2
Layers of onion, potatoes, cheese, bacon, and bell peppers makes the perfect side dish for any cookout.
Photo by Freeze Frame Studio
2 / 2
The Char-Broil Great Book of Grilling features 300 recipes from the grilling experts at Char-Broil, including appetizers, meat, vegetables, and more.
Courtesy of Char-Broil
4 to 6 servings
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 11⁄2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 11⁄3 cups shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup real bacon bits
- 1⁄3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Spray a 9-by-9-by-2-inch foil pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer half the onion, half the potatoes, half the cheese, half the bacon bits, half the bell peppers, and half the garlic salt in prepared pan. Repeat layers using remaining ingredients.
- Cover pan tightly with foil, and grill over medium heat for 1 hour, rotating the pan occasionally to avoid hot spots.
More from The Char-Broil Great Book of Grilling:
- Apple Butter BBQ Ribs Recipe
- Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies With Bacon Bits
- Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- Recipe for Grilled Tenderloins With Blue Cheese Topping
- Wood-Fired Apple-Pecan Pie Recipe
- Spit-Roasted Pork Chops Recipe