Keep the heat out of the kitchen on those muggy July evenings.
- 2 pounds pencil-size asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, washed and stemmed
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (reserve lemon halves)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, tomatoes, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Transfer to a large aluminum baking sheet, and drizzle with lemon juice. Add lemon halves to pan. Place on grill, and roast until asparagus stalks are tender and tomatoes begin to caramelize, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.