Baked in a foil pan on the grill, this dish will help keep your house cool during the summer months—it gives you one more excuse to keep the oven turned off.
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 11⁄2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 11⁄3 cups shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup real bacon bits
- 1⁄3 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Spray a 9-by-9-by-2-inch foil pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer half the onion, half the potatoes, half the cheese, half the bacon bits, half the bell peppers, and half the garlic salt in prepared pan. Repeat layers using remaining ingredients.
- Cover pan tightly with foil, and grill over medium heat for 1 hour, rotating the pan occasionally to avoid hot spots.