This recipe originally aired in the July 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter OR margarine, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- 3 medium bananas, sliced, divided
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced pineapple, drained and cut in half
- 10 to 12 maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- Additional chopped nuts for garnish
- 1 square (1 oz.) semisweet chocolate
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, 4 tablespoons lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Chill.
- In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add flour and nuts; mix well.
- On a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet, press dough into a 12-inch circle, forming rim around edge. Prick with a fork. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool.
- Arrange 2 sliced bananas on cooled crust. Spoon filling evenly over bananas. Dip remaining banana slices in remaining lemon juice; arrange on top along with pineapple, cherries and additional nuts.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate with remaining butter; drizzle over pie. Chill thoroughly. Store leftovers, covered, in refrigerator. Yields one 12-inch pizza.
Editor's note: Crust and filling can be made in advance and held until ready to assemble. Cover crust and store at room temperature; store filling in refrigerator. Dessert is best if eaten same day as assembled.
More from Heart of the Home: