This recipe originally aired in the July 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1 jar (10 oz.) maraschino cherries (without stems), well-drained and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In an ice-cream freezer container, combine all ingredients; mix well. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Freeze leftovers.
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract; mix well. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan or other 2-quart container. Cover. Freeze for 6 hours, or until firm. Freeze leftovers. Yields about 1 1/2 quarts.
More from Heart of the Home: