This salad is full of flavor.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons leftover boiled balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Leftover grilled squash halves, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Leftover grilled zucchini halves, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Leftover grilled red onion wedges
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 leftover grilled boneless beef top loin (strip) steaks (from Beef Top Loin Steaks with Balsamic Red Onion Relish)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- Croutons, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper together until blended. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Arrange squash, zucchini and onions over salad greens.
- Carve steaks into slices; season with salt and pepper. Arrange over salad.
- Drizzle vinaigrette dressing over salad and toss gently to combine.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, blue cheese and croutons, if desired.
This recipe originally aired in the June 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Beef Top Loin Steaks with Balsamic Red Onion Relish Recipe
- Grilled Onion Cheeseburgers Recipe
- 'Meatballs' & Pasta with Grilled Onions Recipe