This tasty dish gives the word 'leftovers' a whole new meaning.
- 4 leftover grilled burgers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Leftover grilled onion slices, cut in half
- 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked regular or whole wheat penne pasta OR 8 cups cooked corkscrew (rotini) pasta
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut each burger into 6 pieces. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; add burger pieces, onions and tomatoes. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until burgers are heated through, stirring frequently. Stir in basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Add burger mixture; toss to coat. Season with additional salt and pepper, and sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
This recipe originally aired in the June 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Beef Top Loin Steaks with Balsamic Red Onion Relish Recipe
- Grilled Beef & Onion Salad Recipe
- Grilled Onion Cheeseburgers Recipe