Black Forest Cheesecake Recipe
- 18 graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter OR margarine, melted
- 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
- 5 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 package (8 squares) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted, slightly, cooled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups thawed prepared whipped topping
- Heat oven to 325°F. Line a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.
- Mix cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, reserve 3/4 cup cherry pie filling; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well-blended.
- Add melted chocolate and sour cream; mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Pour half of the cream cheese batter over crust; top with the remaining cherry pie filling.
- Cover with remaining cream cheese batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Top with the reserved pie filling and whipped topping just before serving.
- Remove cheesecake from pan using foil handles. This recipe originally aired in the February 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.