This easy-to-prepare recipe makes two pies.
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen sweet cherries (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (8-inch) chocolate crumb pie crusts
- Chop cherries while frozen. Keep frozen until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually add sweetened condensed milk; mix well. Add chopped cherries, lemon juice and almond extract; stir just until combined.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour cherry mixture evenly into pie crusts.
- Freeze for 8 hours, or overnight. Cut into serving-size pieces.
- Garnish as desired; serve immediately.
- Store leftovers, covered, in freezer.
This recipe originally aired in the February 2007 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Black Forest Cheesecake Recipe
- Cherry Crowned Gems Recipe
- Holiday Cherry Pie Recipe
- Cherry Rugelach Recipe