Turn leftover corned beef into another dinner by combining the potatoes and corned beef with layers of cheese, plus it can be prepared and baked in about an hour.
Photo by GettyImages/HHLtDave5
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 12 ounces reserved corned beef brisket, coarsely chopped*
- 2 tablespoons reserved horseradish-butter mixture*
- 2 cups reserved potato halves*
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Coat bottom and sides of a 9-inch glass pie plate with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and thyme; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in corned beef and horseradish-butter mixture.
- Cut each potato half into 4 wedges; arrange wedges in a single layer over bottom and up sides of the prepared pie plate.
- Combine cheeses in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 of cheese mixture over potatoes.
- Top with corned beef mixture and remaining cheese mixture. Press firmly with a spatula to compact the layers.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Uncover and bake for 3 to 5 additional minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges begin to brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, before cutting into
Editor's Note: * refers to ingredients reserved from Dijon-Glazed Corned Beef with Savory Cabbage and Red Potatoes.
More from this issue:
More from Capper's Farmer: