Lemon Artichoke Chicken will please even the most discerning tastes.
- 6 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups chicken stock OR broth
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a shallow dish, combine 4 tablespoons flour and black pepper. Dredge chicken breast halves in mixture.
- In a large skillet over high heat, melt 1/4 cup butter. Add green onions; sauté over medium heat until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken to pan; cook, turning once, until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add chicken stock and apple juice to pan, stirring to scrape bits off bottom. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- In a small bowl, knead together remaining flour and butter. Whisk into sauce and stir until thickened. Stir in lemon juice, artichoke hearts and salt.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, until heated through, about 7 minutes. Just before serving, add capers and chopped parsley to chicken.
More from this issue:
- Southwestern Chicken Breasts Recipe
- Chicken Muffulettas Recipe
- Pepper Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spinach Recipe