A combination of fresh Southwestern flavors adds a little kick to grilled chicken breasts.
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- In a 9-inch square baking pan, stir together oil, lime juice, chilies and garlic.
- Add chicken breasts; marinate, refrigerated, for at least 1 hour, turning every 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill. Remove chicken from marinade; drain.
- Grill chicken for 10 minutes; turn. Continue grilling until thoroughly cooked, about another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 slices cheese. Cover and grill until cheese begins to melt. Serve with salsa.
This recipe originally aired in the January 2007 issue of Capper's Farmer.
More from this issue:
- Chicken Muffulettas Recipe
- Lemon Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- Pepper Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spinach Recipe