Photo by Getty Images/bhofack2
Yields 2 to 4 servings.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 naan bread
- 3 pieces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic and oil, and mix well. Brush half the mixture over the naan. Bake for 5 minutes, or until the top is crisp.
- Arrange the cheese on the hot naan, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add a layer of tomatoes, and season again with salt and pepper. Bake for another 5 minutes, and then broil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix the remaining garlic-oil mixture with the vinegar, and stir until a smooth emulsion forms.
- Drizzle the vinegar mixture over the pizza, and sprinkle with basil. Slice, and serve hot.
Discover more delicious, seasonal recipes in Fresh Recipes for Garden Tomatoes.
When she’s not at the Capper’s Farmer offices, editor Traci Smith spends her time cooking, working in the yard and garden, crafting, and relaxing with her dogs, family, and friends.